Saturday, November 8, 2008

Health update

Aaron had an appointment with the eye doctor this week. I was worried because both of his eyes have been crossing lately. The doctor assured me that this was a good thing though. It means he can see out of both eyes, he just won't use them together. Since he has vision in both eyes he has approval for the corrective surgery. He will be having it on December 11. It is an outpatient surgery thankfully, but it is never fun to have your kid put under. Since Aaron has had anaesthesia previously, we know he will handle it well. I just have to handle it well. Isaac will be out of town that day and the day after so we will have to manage without him.

Isaac's mass is stable so his doctor is happy. They are going to continue monitoring him every two weeks to make sure it stays the same or gets smaller. He is in less pain, but he is still always tired. I will be so happy when he finally recovers from this.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I wish I could be there with you! Aaron will do great. it always is harder on us parents. It's never fun seeing your little one have any surgery done. Make sure you get a blessing. I know that helped me so much with Kylie's surgery.

Unknown said...

We'll keep you and your boys in our prayers; I know it will all go well!

The Reed Family said...

We will be thinking of you guys!